Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A heated heart



The last time I went to my doctor I asked if every woman gets heartburn during pregnancy. He said yes unfortunately every woman gets some sort of heartburn, it just happens. I thought I would be the exception. With no sickness so far I thought I probably wont get it. Lo and behold I was enjoying some potatoes yesterday and it came on so quickly and would not leave. The worst is when I laid down in bed. I felt like I was going to throw up acid. I have never experienced heartburn and I am not ready for more cases to come :( Like the commercial says...TUM TUM TUM TUM TUMS!!!! Cause I need a big ol' package in my medicine cupboard.


12 comments:

The Clevelands said...

I would recommend carrying tums in your purse because I would pop them all day long! Plus... they give you an extra boost of calcium!!! I feel you girlie!

Whitney Tanner said...

Hey Lindsay, how are you? I seem to be outnumbered with the Archuleta thing. So it's totally okay! I think it's just me being sick of American Idol since I've never seen it! I'm excited to read your blog now!

kate said...

oh the joys... I had never experienced it either until this lovely thing called pregnancy! :) I didn't know what was wrong with me the first time, but now its part of my daily life, and yes, so are those tum tum tum tums. Get the smoothie kind!

--oh and such pretty wedding pictures! I'm lovin your little baby bump!! so fun.

Jene and Megan said...

Yes, NEVER lay down when you have heartburn..NEVER!! I have never had heartburn before in my life and BAM I got it really bad after I ate some chocolate. I now know that I must be careful with things that are very sugary. That's the only thing that has given me heartburn so far. Good Luck! P.S. my doctor gave me the "OK" on Pepcid AC and Tums.

Kayla R. said...

OK can I just tell you that I remember how bad my heart burns were when i was prego with lils like it was yesterday..AHHHH sorry i feel your pain*

J&B Barrett said...

EEEE... That sucks man!! Your kid will be totally worth it. by the way your cute twin did my hair today... GOSH, she is one talented Ani! I havent seen you in forever... lame. hee hee

Megano said...

Oh my, I swear I find out a new thing every week that happens when your prego... freak I'm a little scared:S.... Hang in there:) love ya!

Whitney Bonnett Taylor said...

I get heart burn and I'm not prego.....oops. Probably from all the hamburgers I eat!...that can't be healthy!

Megano said...

Yeah I'm sure it is just one of those things.. but there are SO many things that happen when your prego... its not fair... but it will all be worth in when that healthy perfect baby comes:) I'm so excited for you!!

Lindsey S. said...

I'm so sorry! That is horrible. I got it a lot at the beginning but I haven't had it for weeks. I shouldn't say that though, watch it come back tomorrow. Keep some medicine with you at all times! I hope everything is going good!

Hey Ho it's Ashleigh Noel said...

eat bread balls at night. It helps alot!

Tiffany Clay and London said...

SO sorry Linds!! That totally stinks. I hope the heartburn goes away. :(