Sunday, July 13, 2008

A pregnant lady's "NO NO" list


Flying (6 mos.) pregnant is not my favorite! Our flight to Florida was 4 and 1/2 hours too long!!!!! From experience I have come up with a list of what a pregnant lady should not do on a long airplane ride. READ BELOW:
A Prego Ladies TOP 10 LIST OF AIRPLANE NO NO'S:
10. Don't go into the airplane thirsty- when you are addicted to sprite it is all you drink. I had to tell the stewardiss that I was not feeling well for her to give me a FULL can of sprite instead of just a cup ;)
9. Don't wear a skirt while traveling. It is hard to fold your legs without it coming up.
8. Hopefully you are not seated in front of the emergency exit. They (meaning us) get ripped off with no leg room, no seat reclining button and a movie screen right above your head.
7. DON'T FORGET SNACKS!!!!!!!!!!!
6. Get up and walk the isle when you need to no matter how annoyed people get! I did not get up enough and my feet swelled up like elephants. (does not feel too good)
5. I would suggest not wearing flip flops when prego on the plane and wear some kind of tennis shoe or shoe to compress the pressure. By wearing flip flops my feet were so huge! When we got off our flight two ladies stopped me and were very concerned about my feet.
4. Don't forget your tums! Having heartburn at the begininng of the flight is no fun :(
3. Never ask a steward/stewardess for something you don't have. You will be sorry if you do. They will see that you are pregnant and will not stop talking to you for almost the whole flight. The one I asked told me I had to name my baby boy Emery and started talking to my belly. No thanks!
2. When you feel the urge to puke get a barf bag. I did not puke but that watery feeling kept coming in my mouth and I was almost unfortunate. Good thing it did not happen.
1. Follow this list and you will have a great flight! :)
I hate to complain but I really did not have a good experience. Florida was a blast just not the flight. That's all :)

2 comments:

brit said...

K- that is hillarious!!! i totally wanted to name Avenlie, Emery-- i really am serious, but then my mom told me that she knew this guy in college with that name & he was fat & had a lazy eye... needless to say- no Emery:)

Lauren Clyde said...

OH Linds! You didn't complain once on the flight but your face said it all. In your circumstances it's OKAY to complain. That GAY flight attendant Emry was SO buggy!! I wanted to tell him to just do his job and leave the pregnant woman ALONE!! I love how Trav, under his breath, said to Emry, "That joke was funny an hour ago!" ha haha... FL was such a blast and it went by too fast!