Thursday, September 4, 2008

Out with the old, and in with the new...

I have had fake nails since I got married in '05 and have loved them. Accept that they grow out two weeks after you get them done, they tend to get very expensive, they turn foggy and sometimes yellow, and just get nasty after a while. I finally took them off and plan to keep them off and it feels so good! I went and bought a few colors today and gave myself a manicure. The only thing I may struggle with is that I may pick at them, but I am enjoying my fresh red color. I plan to switch up my colors often and start something new this fall season.

8 comments:

Nakita Ellis said...

CUTE color! I love painting my nails, problem is, I have no talent painting my right hand with my left, so they always end up looking CRAPPY!! How did you do it so good? Is there a special technique I'm unaware of that helps you not get the polish all over yourself when painting your right hand??

heather telford photography said...

you wont want nails with a new born so good choice!! cute color!!

Unknown said...

I am with you there. I got nails when I got home from my mission and for the wedding and for a belief time after the wedding. I really decided I REALLY REALLY DON'T LIKE FAKE NAILS!! I go all natural I just couldn't wait to get them off. Plus what a waste of money.

The Reichmans said...

It was so great to see you the other night-we need to be friends more often.

Emily said...

Hey Lindsay! I've found your blog too, through Brooke's. it has been so long! You are beautiful and that is so exciting that you're having a baby! I've been teaching dance in Salt Lake for the past two years and it was a blast, but we just moved to California and I haven't found anything out here yet, have you been dancing at all?

Lindsey S. said...

I gave up nails shortly after we got married due to the price! But there is something about getting your nails freshly done. You can look like crap but if your nails are looking great you feel great. But it just doesn't last long enough for how much it costs! Natural is the way to go. I like the fun red!

Cori said...

Lindsay,
I ran across your blog from Suzy Sumsions blog. I thought I'd leave a note because I just wrote a post about how I painted my nails and how much I love it. Random! That is so exciting that you are pregnant, congratulations!
-Corinne Gordon (now Larsen)

Larry and Ashley said...

Oh my gosh you are good at that! I love the color! I am so horrible at painting my own nails I get so shaky and mess them up!