Friday, February 6, 2009

MOOOoooooooo


So, I love this breast pumps tactic to sell thing..."pump in style". How on earth do you pump in style? I will answer that one for ya. YA DONT!!!!!!!!! Here is how my day goes:
wake up-nurse (as long as Owen will), PUMP the rest, get ready, make my way to work, PUMP-feed owen bottle, fix kids lunch, play with owen and kids, PUMP and feed, play some more maybe color with kids or some sort of activity, PUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, make my way home, nurse the little guy-PUMP the rest, do homework for a few hours while Owen kicks and giggles on couch right next to me, nurse-PUMP the rest, put Owen down for night and PUMP again. This feeding routine also happens during the night except I now know how to nurse in bed. I did not realize it takes time to master this technique, but I got it down! You are welcome Owen! I love you! Sorry medela but neither I or anyone will ever pump in style! But I'll keep ya...

14 comments:

Julianne said...

sick...but necessary i guess. ill find out when i have one. please DONT try to pump in style either, save all those around you the awkardness of making sure its even IN style.

jenna said...

amen!!!! {and yes i'm writing this after nursing at 5 am!}

Steve and Brittany said...

Haha I hate pumping! And I've only done it like twice...probably cause i hate it so much. I'll pump for like a half hour and only get like 10 drops! I guess i didn't have the patience to learn and I don't have a very expensive pump. Have fun with that though! I admire you for your dedication to do it!

Jene and Megan said...

Ok girl, you are a cow!! LOL, I am definitely not making enough milk for my little guy! I wish I were producing like you. We have to supplement at night with formula because Eric nurses so much and I empty quickly.

Ashley said...

Not necessarily in style, but man that thing saved my life. And, anytime I wanted to like, eat an extra cookie...I'd just go pump for 15 minutes. Awesome. But you are absolutely right-there is nothing stylish about it.

Lindsey S. said...

haha there really is no way to pump in style. I don't even like James seeing because there is just nothing that feels attractive about it. You pump so much! Are you away from him that much for school/work or you just stocking up? I really have a cousin who tells me to stock up now while my milk supply is so good. I haven't done it but maybe I should...

Nakita Ellis said...

You know what is funny? Last night as I was pumping with my Madela, I read that same tag line and thought that same thing...Pump in style? Yeah right!!!

And wow! You pump a lot, does Owen prefer the bottle over nursing or something?

Sarah and Desmond said...

Loved that! No - there is never such thing as pumping in style! Been there done that, but I have to say after trying and buying all of those expensive auto ones - I like the manual ones the best!

Danny and Shalayne said...

I hear ya...I never have felt more like a cow. Danny calls it the milk factory at our home! You gotta love Medella though.

Karly said...

speaking of pumping, you should post that conversation you had with Ireland.... soooooo funny! You should post some more pic of owen, I can't beleive how big he looks in that picture you sent me!

emily+brett said...

I'm still laughing after reading that! You need to talk to my sister in law that just had twins in December and is breast feeding. She feels you pain times two! She says she feels like a cow 24 hours a day. I'll have to call you for advise :) Keep up the good work milk mama!

Lauren Clyde said...

I know its so tough and it gets SO Old but you're awesome for not giving up. Owen is getting the best he can get! SO GOOD JOB LINDS!! I hope Caroline is a good nurser and that I never have to pump again.

Kayla R. said...

AMEN!

Sarah said...

Is there a reason you have to pump that often? Can you nurse him even while occupying the kids at work? It would definitely save you time and your supply is goung to be a bit better overall if most of his actual feedings come from direct nursing. I had a hand held one and I hated how much more of my time it took than just nursing her. I did use it however if we wanted to go on a date or something. Just a reminder that La Leche League is either this Wednesday(pretty sure) or next at 6:30pm at the Provo library. You are doing a great job Linds and just remember how wonderful all that breast milk is for Owen as well as the health benefits to you!