Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Beep Beep

Our "car"


We did not bring our car to Dominica.  Students just don't.  We walk EVERYWHERE!  It is nice though.  You get good exercise, and get to just enjoy your surroundings. There are also cows just grazing everywhere!  Cows, goats, roosters, stray dogs, crabs etc.  It is sort of scary at times when the cows are not tied up.  There have been a few encounters when I have been walking and there has been a huge cow with horns ahead just staring, no GLARING at me.  Almost like they are going to charge at me.  Travis actually told me a story of one of his professors that got charged at once (very comforting, I know)
My strategy is to just don't stare back and walk quickly towards the furthest side of the road.  I feel a sense of relief once I get past it haha.  
I have talked about the back way to the University before.  The sign picture is from that trail.  How funny is that!  Everytime I walk by it just makes me laugh.  This sign is on the gate of a house on the trail.  They have quite the yard too, with TONS of tall bushes and leafy plants and trees.  But the whole  house is behind this huge gate and fence.  
The last part was my favorite... HAHAHAHA (laughing)

3 comments:

Meg said...

That sign is amazing.

emily+brett said...

That sign is hilarious!! Good luck with the cows!!

Megan Perry said...

I'm loving your blog!