Sunday, October 14, 2012

Secret Beach & a Birthday





The boat ride over to Secret Beach























Scarlet has been LOVING the sand!  She gets big handfuls and looks at it and sometime throws it or eats it.  When she does that she doesn't like it all that much anymore.




Owen exploring with his friend Chloe

Very tall cliffs








Stud of a guy
Happy #29!

Family picture on Trav's 29th birthday!

Don't mind the messy kitchen...  We have had a leak from the a/c pipes and they had to cut 2 holes in our ceiling.  We are on island time here so when they will come back to fix it? We are not sure?  (but it is still leaking) So our countertops are constantly wet and my big bowls are constantly in use as water drips into them 24/7.  I was also hustling to get a cake made for Trav birthday.  

My attempt at a cake.  You can tell I was in a rush.  I frosted the cake while the cake was still hot.  I was just in a hurry and wanted to have some yummy confetti cake :)

Owen helping Travis blow out the candles
Last Tuesday we celebrated yet another round of tests finished, and Travis 29th Birthday.  I LOVE when they are finished with tests because they go early morning and then I get my husband to myself that whole day, so we try to go do something fun.  The kids and I decorated the kitchen for Travis's birthday while he was taking his test and when he was done we decided to go with some of our friends to a place called Secret Beach.  It was so much fun and very secluded and beautiful!  A place where we could have the beach to ourselves.  We took a small/tiny boat that fit all of us and rode about 10 minutes away just around the bend to Secret Beach.  It is it's own little cove.  
We all got out and played played played.  
I was feeding Scarlet and watching all these tiny crabs creep across the sand.  They are still such freaky creatures to me.  They just stare at you with there gross eyes and crawl slow/fast sideways into their little holes.  There were so many!
It was actually rainy that day and it misted the whole time we were there, but it felt so good!  We all got suntanned and tired and decided to go back home after a few hours.  That night we went out to a restaurant called The Usual Spot, which is one of our favorites.  We went for his birthday dinner.  It was so delish and we had a good time with friends.  Then our little family came home and ate cake and had fun at home.  It was a very fun day and we love and are so grateful for Travis!  
Cheers to #29~
NEXT UP- Owen's #4 Birthday!

2 comments:

Cason and Marie said...

cute!! Happy Birthday Trav! I sent him an email, but I'm not sure if he got it. Love that little Letty and Owen. Looks like a fun day at the beach....and you consider that a messy kitchen? Better not come to my house! Love you!

Julianne said...

im LOVING that picture of your family by the birthday banner, scarlet is so darling in it!
I.MISS.YOU!