Thursday, November 8, 2012

happenings




We had the missionaries (Elder Williamson & Elder Mena) over tonight for dinner.  We had tacos & I guess I bought some REALLY hot sauce ( I mean a little spice is good right? )  Elder Williamson took a bite of that sauce and said how hot it was and for the next ten minutes was sweating so bad because it was so spicy!  I felt so bad!  He kept saying he was fine and drank tons of water whoops!  It was nice for our family to eat with them.  I could not stop thinking about my cute brothers.  One that is currently serving in Quito, Ecuador and my soon to be brother will be serving in the Sierra Leone mission ( if you don't know where that is, it is a country in west Africa)
My heart is full when I am around missionaries or see them.  I am grateful for them and all of their hard work in spreading this Gospel




In this picture is a bunch of yummy stuff!  Crawfish & crab.  A couple of weeks ago 2 local guys came to work on the leak in our apartment.  I was getting all the scoop on everything!  What to eat while here, what to do, places to see, people to meet etc.  They said they go catch crawfish and crab all the time.  He asked me if I knew how to prepare them to eat. I told them I would not even know how to go about cooking something that is alive in front of my eyes.  They hurry and catch them, hold them with their foot and break off their legs before the clampers get them.  I told them I want some the way they make it.  He promised me he would bring some by and tonight showed up with a bowl of all of this yumminess.  Crawfish & crab in a broth with garlic and spices.  I was hesitant to try but Trav and I dug in.  It was SO yummy!  They sure know how to cook em here!  

1 comment:

Giancarlo said...

Un piatto che mi piace!! Un caloroso saluto da Modena...ciao