Sunday, November 11, 2012

To Market To Market


We FINALLY hit up the market yesterday! We woke up early and I loaded the kids and went with some friends down to the market.  It is about a half hour walk to get there, and close to church.  The market is complete chaos!  Everyone wants you to buy at their booth and there is so much there.  Owen has been DYING to go and his wish finally came true.  I don't think he knew what the market entailed but he was happy to go and pick out some fruit he wanted.  We got some plums, apples, cucumbers and watermelon.  Towards the end we bought some tuna fish as well.  It was the small fish so kinda boney but we will give a try.  The locals catch the fish and bring it in and when there is some available they blow the conk shell and everyone goes and gets their fish.  I am glad we finally got to go!

After the market I had to take Owen to primary practice.  We went there and I got to listen to Owen practice with all of the cute primary kiddos! 
The program was today as well as my first time teaching in Relief Society!  Owen's part was,
"Agency is a gift to choose for ourselves"
He did such a good job and memorized majority of it.  At practice he stood up at the mic and said, "we believe..."  It was SO cute!!!!!  I am so proud of how well he did today!
My lesson was on kindness today!  I truly am going to love this calling.  I really enjoy preparing a lesson.  



Look at all the pretty fruit!  The guy in the black shirt kept shaking his head at me while I was taking a picture.  Whoops!

Booths all around us

Best area to go.  Nicely organized with walking room


Guy cutting up my fish, cutting off the eyeball

My walk home
It was SO hot yesterday!  I know I ALWAYS say this but I think that was the worst I have ever sweat while living here.  DRIPPING!
(and it was only about 10 am)


GOOD ADVICE :)

2 comments:

Ben and Courtney Hugo said...

I think the only thing I really miss about Dominica,well besides Kelsey :) , is that view! Prince Rupert Bay really is gorgeous! I'm glad you made it to market- it's just something you have to experience while you are there! I love reading your blog and reminiscing!

Cason and Marie said...

It is so beautiful there! I want to come visit. Hahah the black guy shaking his head....and you still did it! hahahah. that fish!! Disgusting! You ate that? how'd it taste? and how the heck do you know how to cook it?